These scholarships have been made possible through the Energizing Education Program in which Tri-County Electric Cooperative members elect to have their monthly electric statement rounded up to the next dollar and those cents set aside to fund scholarships,, with the mission to provide educational support for qualified members and their families in Jefferson, Madison & Taylor Counties. Applications for the TCEC Energizing Education Scholarship are evaluated not just on GPA or class rank, but on community service and extracurricular activities as well.
2018 TCEC Energizing Education Scholarship Recipients
TCEC's contribution to the NFCC Foundation, funds scholarships of those qualified member families with a 3.0 GPA or higher who plan to attend North Florida Community College in the Fall of 2018.
Tri-County Electric Scholarship Criteria
1. The recipient must be an active member of TCEC, the spouse of an active member or the child or grandchild of an active member, if the child or grandchild lives in the Cooperative’s service territory.
2. The recipient must be enrolled in an accredited program, either full-time or part time.
3. The recipient must be an undergraduate student only.
4. The scholarship fund will be in the form of a grant program with funds being paid to the college, university, or vocational school.
5. A person may submit an application each year, but previous winners are not eligible for a second scholarship.
6. The scholarship fund will provide up to $1,000 for each scholarship winner’s education expenses. The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the fund earnings.
7. Scholarship use must commence within one year of date of issuance and be totally utilized within two years of the date of issuance.
8. The scholarship may be used at any two-year or four-year accredited college or university in Florida including vocational schools.
9. A combination of need, academic ability and community contributions will be used in determining scholarship winners.
10. An appointed committee will judge scholarship applicants.
To apply you will need the following:
• Complete Transcript
• SAT & ACT scores
• Letter of intent
• Letter of recommendation from High School principal or guidance counselor
• Completed application
• 500 word essay on assigned topic
2019 TCEC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday May 1, 2019