TCEC’s Scholarship Program, established by the Board of Trustees, was created in an effort to give back to communities served by the Cooperative through scholarships for qualifying students. Scholarship applicants must be dependents of members of TCEC. High school seniors and nontraditional undergraduate students are eligible to apply. Each scholarship awarded will be up to $1,000.00 to any accredited University, Community College, or Technical College in the state of Florida!
2017 TCEC Energizing Education Scholarship Recipients
Tri-County Electric Scholarship Criteria
1. The recipient’s primary residence must be the household of a Tri-County Electric member.
2. The recipient must be enrolled in an accredited program, either full-time or part time.
3. The recipient must be an undergraduate student only.
4. The scholarship fund will be in the form of a grant program with funds being paid to the college, university, or vocational school.
5. A person may submit an application each year, but previous winners are not eligible for a second scholarship.
6. The scholarship fund will provide up to $1,000 for each scholarship winner’s education expenses. The number of scholarships awarded will depend on the fund earnings.
7. Scholarship use must commence within one year of date of issuance and be totally utilized within two years of the date of issuance.
8. The scholarship may be used at any two-year or four-year accredited college or university in Florida including vocational schools.
9. A combination of need, academic ability and community contributions will be used in determining scholarship winners.
10. An appointed committee will judge scholarship applicants.
To apply you will need the following:
• Complete Transcript
• SAT & ACT scores
• Letter of intent
• Letter of recommendation from High School principal or guidance counselor
• Completed application
• 500 word essay on assigned topic
2018 TCEC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday May 1, 2018